All these worlds...

Started by raymoh, February 03, 2019, 03:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Though I am missing a bit more bumpiness of the rocks on the right a cool scene.
For the glittering diamond look on the left there could be even a bit more glow and starburst effect.

raymoh

A totally hypothetical planet of van Maanen's Star, the nearest single White Dwarf star. A White Dwarf is a tiny ,,end of lifetime"-stage of a sunlike star, after the ,,Red Giant"- stage. The sun itself will reach this stage as a stellar remnant in about 5 billion years from now.

This hypothetical planet survived the Red Giant stage of his host star, burnt nearly to ashes, partially melted and lost most of its atmosphere, blown into space.
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

raymoh

An imaginary earth-like planet with two big moons. This world is in its early Proterozoic Era, like earth some 2.5 billion years ago. First lifeforms are evolving, metabolizing and enriching the planets atmosphere with oxygen.

The water of a shallow tidal pond is full of bacterias similar to cyanobacterias on earth, covering first local stromatolites and the shore with thick slimy carpets.
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

Oshyan

Woah, yeah! Foreground texturing is great.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on December 23, 2019, 12:59:29 PMWoah, yeah! Foreground texturing is great.

- Oshyan
Second that, the detail looks great in the texturing. It's actually hard to really pick out any vanilla looking PFs.

Dune

Cool color scheme! Very alien indeed.

DocCharly65

Acid extraterrestrial look! Great! (Though I never would bath my feet in that liquid!)  :)

raymoh

Another space art render:
CM Draconis, a real existing double star system of two faint red dwarfs in the constellation of the dragon, about 47 light years away. These two closely neighboring stars in turn orbit around a distant white dwarf star.  The whole triple system is about twice as old as the sun.
I created a hypothetical small, cold, Mars-like planet. Billions of years ago, the existing water transformed into ice and formed a landscape like the Antarctic dry valleys of the Earth. As the eons passed, the atmosphere dissolved almost entirely. Here it is about as bright as on an overcast winter's day, so the brightest stars can be seen even during the day. The bright star to the left above the center of the image is the white dwarf. It is about as bright as Venus in the Earth's sky.

WAS

Quote from: raymoh on January 18, 2020, 11:06:59 AMAnother space art render:
CM Draconis, a real existing double star system of two faint red dwarfs in the constellation of the dragon, about 47 light years away. These two closely neighboring stars in turn orbit around a distant white dwarf star.  The whole triple system is about twice as old as the sun.
I created a hypothetical small, cold, Mars-like planet. Billions of years ago, the existing water transformed into ice and formed a landscape like the Antarctic dry valleys of the Earth. As the eons passed, the atmosphere dissolved almost entirely. Here it is about as bright as on an overcast winter's day, so the brightest stars can be seen even during the day. The bright star to the left above the center of the image is the white dwarf. It is about as bright as Venus in the Earth's sky.
My favorite. Love the lighting in the sky and surfaces. Love the twisting/fractalization of the base surface.

Dune

Yes, this is a great terrain and lighting. I'm glad we only have one sun, or you'd feel drunk all the time :P

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

raymoh

Once again Mars:
An upcoming dust storm in the southern hemisphere. In a few days it will cover the entire planet.

raymoh

A little science fiction:

Encounter in the asteroid belt: The small lights orbit the golden spaceship and seem to have something to do with communication. But nobody has been able to decipher the code so far.

The golden spaceship is a fractal made with the program "Mandelbulber" and inserted in a Terragen render.

Dune

raymoh

This is a visualization of Prox b, or more precisely Proxima Centauri b, a probably earth-like planet around Proxima Centauri, the nearest known star after the sun.

A pass in a mountainous region in the moderate but still cold parts of the tidally locked planet near the terminator: The high plain is populated by strange immobile lifeforms, neither animals nor plants. Their frisbee-like body seems to stuck in the soil, pointing at the always stationary sun. They are bioluminescent: For some unknown reason they are converting infrared light in visible red wavelengths and glowing in a cold reddish light.