Parting the Sea

Started by Mohawk20, February 13, 2009, 11:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohawk20

Yeah, that was my plan for the boat. Place it when it's done and do a crop render. If I place it far away enough it will be a really small crop  :D
Howgh!

Luminos

you could just re-render the whole thing just to be sure :P
WoooOOooo I am WinDeXTor! I will clean your Soul! HA Ha ha (Echoing Laugh here)

Mohawk20

Howgh!

MacGyver

Isn't it finished by now? :o ;D
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Mohawk20

Nope...
I found out that I hadn't masked a reflective surface, so it extends way into the distance under water. It really helps with lighting the water, so I'll leave it, but it does cause about 3 more raytrace calculations than normal, with an underwater reflection of the sun that has to be scattered by waves.

I guess it'll be done in a week, but perhaps less, as it's now rendering the final two render buckets with water or reflections in them, and one bucket will finish tonight.
Howgh!

MacGyver

So this is way over 200 hours now?! Or did you start rendering it again? ??? :o

Mohawk20

It's now almost at 400... I guess at another 50 before finishing, but we'll know in 2 days.
Howgh!

MacGyver

Couldn't you part the render time instead of the sea? ;D

Mohawk20

Yep, by going quadcore  ;)
But it's just one last bucket to render, so only one core is being used.
It would be nice if that last bucket would be finished by both cores.
Howgh!

PG

Oh damn, I thought planetside were fixing it so if a core finished all it's buckets it would give it's resources to the last one.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Oshyan

That would require dynamic splitting of the remaining tiles, which is a bit more challenging than it sounds. Hopefully something for the future.

- Oshyan

Jack

so its been going for like 16 and a half days?
that is ridiculous :-\
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

Mohawk20

Hmmm, it seems my guess of 50 hours was wrong  :-[

It was only 20 hours  ;D

So see below, the final beta. I have to crop render that line in the middle away, and add a ship of which I have to cut down the masts first. But hopefully those extra crops will go a bit faster. I'm installing the gold version before rendering, so that should shave off a few percent rendertime.
Howgh!

domdib

LOVE the sky. And the water isn't too shady either  ;)

Hetzen

That's quite an eerie scene you've created, to the point of me questioning my atheism. :)