Started by RArcher, April 27, 2009, 10:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naoo

Hi

I agree with rkphelps!

ciao
Naoo

Hetzen

Most of these have been mentioned already.

1/ 64 bit. Excellent to hear this is top priority.

2/ A conditional render output node. It would be great to isolate certain parts of a render for compositing, within the one scene. So if I want to isolate say the clouds, or set up a DOF pass, I could have the possibility to say to the node network, that this set of conditions only work for another output channel and have internal layers within the render node to set up what ever channel those conditions apply to. So say a scene camera is linked to a render output node, I would have within the internal network of that render node a set of user defined channel outputs (read seperate image renders and directory paths, with channel asigned numbers) which your conditional branches have directected to.

3/ Collate assets for a TGD. To make multi-machine rendering, and archiving completely painless.

4/ Multi object populations, which you generate to a cache file (also part of the collate project) saving on having to generate per frame or preview render, unless un-checked.

5/ Access to internal node settings from external node outputs. I'm thinking linear phasing to modulate those settings, ie sine functions to modulate noise position, or frame time to shift noise in y, would be good for wave animations, especialy if you could get loop'able noise functions. Got to say I love the noise effect in After Effects, it's a really powerful function, especially when you can link other instances to it. But, and edited to add, it would be bloody useful to have a distance shader control the sample quality within atmosphere and clouds, etc.

There you go, my five.

Cheers

Jon

Henry Blewer

I am running a render now which has been going for 11 hours. (My computer is about 4 years old) Anyway, I forgot to adjust the fake darkness in the atmosphere tab. The image is looking fantastic, but a darker sky would have been better.

What would be nice is if the sun's angle tangent to the camera's horizon would adjust the sky darkness. Maybe a check box so it could be turned on or off. The only times I have been able to get a dark sky, is when the sun light is at or below the horizon. I look at the sunrise/sunsets and the sky is quite dark even when the sun is 4 or 5 degrees above the horizon.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

George

1: full 8+ core support
2: 360 Panorama renders for using it as reflection maps (in Maya)
3: when i do a render and close the render view window, it should keep the last image, so if I click the render view panel again, it's still there... also an option to store there the  rendered pictures, and swap through them (like in Maya).
4: WIREFRAMe on imported obj's in the 3d preview.

N810

(in no peticular order)

a preset camera at 0,0,0 pointing toward the rest of the render 6' above the ground.

a library of default skies, vegetation populations, fake stones, surfaces, times of day, Ect...  (like TG .9x)

Depth of field, f-stop and other setings on the camera that emulate real cameras.

Waves and other water efects. (light waves through water) generaly treating water as a solid instead of a surface.

having the camera, view, an the other buttons drasticly change collor when they are presses (or or off)
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

N810

"having the camera, view, an the other buttons drasticly change collor when they are presses (or or off)"

Oops I see that you allready did this one.  ;D
-Thanks
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

cyphyr

Quote from: N810 on May 19, 2009, 10:15:54 AM
"having the camera, view, an the other buttons drasticly change collor when they are presses (or or off)"

Oops I see that you allready did this one.  ;D
-Thanks

Must be down to your graphic card driver specifics ... I still see almost no change under my "old" GForce 7900
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Mandrake

Ditto Mr. Lamppost's suggestions
Auto fill the obj name when you save as tgo.
bring back the ability to adjust the terrain map size.
put a cursor point at 0,0 in the terrain map so you can move the terrain from there, instead of just the camera.
More Coffee!
A 64 bit version.

AndyWelder

• Ability to rotate heightfields.
  • Ability to rotate plane objects
  • Water surf/foam
  • True transparency with all shaders/materials
  • Separate search/store memory
Hope these are humble enough to see them fulfilled in the near future. ;)
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

kevnar

This may sound petty, but can we have an option to automatically adjust the render camera every time we move the preview camera? I can't count the number of times I've forgotten to hit that little button and started a render with the old camera view.

Just an option to toggle, if people wanna use it. That's all I ask. Thanks.

Oh yeah! And a "wet surface" surface layer that basically halves the brightness of underlying colours and adds shine (reflectivity). That would be sweet.

Mohawk20

Quote from: kevnar on May 21, 2009, 06:58:31 PM
Oh yeah! And a "wet surface" surface layer that basically halves the brightness of underlying colours and adds shine (reflectivity). That would be sweet.

How about:
Copy surface shader, decrease colour, create reflective shader, plug in as child layer, decrease reflectivity.

Ohw wait, we already have that...  ;)
Howgh!

kevnar

Quote from: Mohawk20 on May 21, 2009, 07:16:05 PM

How about:
Copy surface shader, decrease colour, create reflective shader, plug in as child layer, decrease reflectivity.

Ohw wait, we already have that...  ;)

Yes, but if we could have it as one of the shaders already installed so we could set it up with one click and a couple tweaks, quick and easy.

Lehm

My top wanted features.

I manage a render farm, and these would be invaluable.

1. More command line options.  ie ability to change render size, render camera etc
2. Report render progress back to console.  It would be nice to tell how far along a render is when there is no window.
3. Archive function.  Where it copies all the files used in a project into a zip.

Henry Blewer

Lens controls. Setting the render camera lens greater than 60 degrees causes a fisheye effect. This is most noticeable in the clouds.

A better palette control. Microsoft has not improved their color chooser since Windows 95. It would be great if colors could be tabbed. Greens and Yellows for grasses, greys in a stone tab, sky colors tab... Also maybe 32 user defined colors for each tab, so the user can build a library of their favorite colors. HSL sliders, and a palette mixer.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

kaisersuzuki

Thought of another one:

Solo population preview instances.

This would be so you don't have to turn off the preview for a large group of populations just to see the one you are working on.