Materials

Started by Hannes, January 11, 2017, 11:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: Kadri on May 20, 2018, 07:31:53 AM

Not a material but this place looked more relevant for post this.

I wanted to see how the "Index of refraction" looks with negative values.
Over -1 it looks problematic (black). If you go lower (-1.00001 looks like the lowest) you get kind of this effect.
I animated that from -10 to -1.00001 in the two GIF's.

Pretty cool looking. Almost like energy. There is a website that lists specific index's of materials too. Very helpful in TG. Probably should post it for reference in discussion.

WAS

Asphalt and Gravel shaders found here: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24637.0.html

Posting for future reference and ease of access.

Agura Nata

So far, I have mainly used mixed image textures for my works, but this does not always fit. I think it's great that such great materials are posted here!

Thanks a lot for post! :)

One of my texture mix pictures and one of my new ones with Hannes material:
"Live and Learn!"

Hannes

Here are some of my materials (and one by Fleetwood), that are reflective, optimised for use with the path tracer. They won't really work with the legacy renderer, since I deleted most of the reflective shaders, because they aren't needed anymore with the PT. There is also a mirror shader, that has a crisp reflection without any blurring.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on March 27, 2019, 12:59:59 PM
Here are some of my materials (and one by Fleetwood), that are reflective, optimised for use with the path tracer. They won't really work with the legacy renderer, since I deleted most of the reflective shaders, because they aren't needed anymore with the PT. There is also a mirror shader, that has a crisp reflection without any blurring.

downloaded as I will some day be able to afford an update to my maintenence...soon I hope.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Cool, Hannes. Thanks very much for putting your time into this!

Dune

Tried opening your RAR, but it said to be empty (it says 19.1kB, which is not much), so I'll try again, but I might ask you for a zip.

Hannes

It's actually that small. Just tried it myself, and all the stuff is there. No idea, why it's empty for you...

Dune

Tried again, but I can't get anything out. I'm interested in the plastic shader you used for the robot crab, you know, with that great translucency. Could you upload that, please?

archonforest

Quote from: Dune on April 02, 2019, 05:04:10 AM
Tried again, but I can't get anything out. I'm interested in the plastic shader you used for the robot crab, you know, with that great translucency. Could you upload that, please?

I managed to open that rar. Here it is. ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

Cool. Thanks Atilla!

Hannes

Strange. Anyone else having difficulties to open that RAR?

jaf

Works with Winrar and 7-zip for me.
Thanks for your generosity!
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

bobbystahr

I use PeaZip and it opens fine here
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Well, I used Zamazar to convert rar to zip now. Usually rar's open fine at my end (winrar), so it must be an odd one  ;)