A Brand New Day! --> 2400x1600 update

Started by Tangled-Universe, June 14, 2008, 12:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

No, I would not suggest larger than that. I was referring to smaller sizes possibly helping, but it was doubtful, and I see it did not help.

As for other suggestions, you could see if it happens in the same way at different detail levels. I'm not sure if Detail Blending would affect it either (on the Extra tab). Honestly I'm just grasping at straws here at this point.

I know it's a complex scene, but if you could share it in entirety it would probably help diagnose the problem. You can make arrangements with us through support AT planetside.co.uk

- Oshyan

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on July 23, 2008, 04:20:22 AM
Even bigger than 2048 MB??
Increasing this setting didn't increase my ram usage that much. Rendering the crop 'just' takes 980 MB while rendering a 6th or quarter of the image uses up to 2.4 gigs of ram...

Matt

Try any or all of the following:

Max threads = 1
AA = 1
Detail = 0.1
Disable everything except the population that contains the problematic flower

Go back to basics, try to make it easier for the renderer, and then you can start increasing complexity again.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Tangled-Universe

Thanks a lot Oshyan and Matt.

I was also thinking about lowering the threads, when I was lying in bed this night...haha how scary ;D
I'll try the suggestions tonight when I'm back from work.

Martin

Tangled-Universe

Lowering threads to 1 min and 1 max seem to help. The GI pass already showed and I can confirm it for the first 2 of 6 buckets to be rendered :)

Tangled-Universe

Finished! ;D

There's also a version without fallen tree and mid-ground trees on the left going to be posted within a few days.
Then it is really over and out ;D

PG

The reflections in the water always remind me of that artists interpretation of DirectX in Flight Simulator X that microsoft tried to pass off as actually being in game.
By that I mean;
http://cybernetnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/directxflightsimulator.jpg
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: PG on July 24, 2008, 04:09:05 PM
The reflections in the water always remind me of that artists interpretation of DirectX in Flight Simulator X that microsoft tried to pass off as actually being in game.
By that I mean;
http://cybernetnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/directxflightsimulator.jpg

They should be brighter or darker or...?

PG

No I just mean this is how the water in Flight simulator should've looked like. It would be a perfectly acheivable result with even a modicum of effort which microsoft seem to think is beneath them and they wouldn't have come out looking like total bellends. The reflection of the mountains in the lake looks sweet.

lightning

this is just AMAZING
probably the best terragen image of all time!!!!
the water the distrubution of the trees,the texturing of the mountains and foreground rocks,the tree in the foreground the list goes on and on!! every thing is just soooo good and realistic!

im dissapointed about the common yarrow though you can tell its the head is just a complete alpha of the hole bud so it makes the head look flat but common yarrow petal do not form flat like that the sorta ripple and bucket in the middle but this is not your fault i am going to make my own version of the common yarrow i think with real pettles!
also the fallen tree looks fake if it was indeed felled then the branches would be angled differently. we have just felled some old douglas firs on are farm and the branches crumple over and angle more to the ground as well as the leaves also there would be alot of debri around since its a pinus tree of some sort and there branches are usually brittle. this again is not your fault

PG

You know too much about trees, it's almost on the border of fetishism :D

lightning

Quote from: PG on July 24, 2008, 05:05:10 PM
;D  i know im sad!!!

Seth

Tangled-Universe

Thanks a bunch everybody! :D

Quote from: lightning on July 24, 2008, 05:13:07 PM
;D  i know im sad!!!

Haha...yes you are! lol...;D just kidding of course.

You're absolutely right about the common yarrows. It should be a lot better if the petals were really 3D.

I'm really looking forward to buy and test your ground-cover pack, I have a nice setup waiting for it :)
Now I just have to wait until my new bankcard arrives, because mine is broken :( how do you mean, bad timing!? ;D

reck

Very very good. What grass model(s) is that?

lightning

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on July 24, 2008, 05:27:55 PM
Thanks a bunch everybody! :D

Quote from: lightning on July 24, 2008, 05:13:07 PM
;D  i know im sad!!!

Haha...yes you are! lol...;D just kidding of course.

You're absolutely right about the common yarrows. It should be a lot better if the petals were really 3D.

I'm really looking forward to buy and test your ground-cover pack, I have a nice setup waiting for it :)
Now I just have to wait until my new bankcard arrives, because mine is broken :( how do you mean, bad timing!? ;D
LOL! how did you break it? was it that 8k computer you bought?!!  i remember dad breaking his eftpos card scraping the ice of the front window of his car!
yeah please can you render something with my groundcover set in that would be really cool :o
reck the yellowish grass is klas's i can tell with the swirly bits on the end the darkgreen grass i cant tell what model that is ???