Airwolf will come!

Started by DocCharly65, May 22, 2019, 06:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Ok, Oshyan... last night I met Heidi Klum, had some lessons in male catwalk and this morning I restarted the render...
I do not want to embarrass myself again as much as the day when I was stumbling on the Galactica bridge! ;D

Besides:
Helicopter start animation now at frame 796 of 1000.
At 801 the next critical phase of the render job begins when the real takeoff of Airwolf begins and bigger camera movement could cause complications...  ::)

The render job with the camera movement top down in the rock basin works still without failures though almost double rendertime (as you predicted)

Hannes

Oshyan

I'm glad it's all working out. And don't take my minor criticisms too seriously. I would not want you to have to redo even more render time! It will look superb already, I know. :)

- Oshyan

DocCharly65

Nice to see you back Hannes. Already missed you and your ideas :)

No problem Oshyan :)
In this case I was undecided these days, too. But when I read that you saw the same strange walking style like me, I decided to change it. Today fortunately my new i7 8 core (9th gen.) finished it's job with the front view of the hangar so I have that ultra fast device to render really really fast. While all my older i7 PCs (4th gen.) needed 30-40 minutes - the new one only needs 11 minutes per frame! 

My second oldest (favorite) i7 died the last month so I had to do some changes in my network.

...   OK I must admit 5-7 years is a long time for my PCs to run 24/7 nonstop --  on 100% CPU ;D (But I think this stable average usage is better for their health than always changing usage - at least thats my impression)

Fortunately I could take the complete ssd + hdd out of the dead PC and it runs now slowly but smooth on a reserve board I had with an old i3... good enough for constructing some scenes but slow rendering of course. And all files - even all the software is safe and step by step I can move all software and their licences to the newer PC...

Oshyan

Sounds good. Glad you did not change it just because of my comment.

- Oshyan

Dune

Good to hear that you could save all files and run much faster now, Nils. Sounds really like a cool machine. But what actually died in the old one; MB I guess?

DocCharly65

I guess, too it was the MB. I had no time so far to do experiments. But the cpu fan didn't work any more. ...No try of the board to access the hdd...

Hannes

Quote from: DocCharly65 on July 13, 2019, 02:30:33 PM
Nice to see you back Hannes. Already missed you and your ideas :)

Thanks Nils. I was on vacation for a fw weeks.

DocCharly65

... what if you chose the place for your animations in the red rectangle...

[attach=1]   [attach=2]

Is there a chance to integrate that straight border into the animations?

YESSS!

I remembered an animation tgd, I got from Ulco some years ago. I never finished and still now I don't know how most of the nodes work ;D ... but... any idea where this goes, Ulco?

Somewhere we have to start...

[attach=3]

...but then...
...we are here...

[attach=4]

A close view from a very different POV:

[attach=5]

... and that's it... a small addition :)

I hope it's an adaequad usage of your tgd, Ulco, I avoided changing much so I hope I didn't destroy any functionality.

Because of all the problems that crop up again and again on all renders (I had to throw away 200 frames again, which were crap), comments are welcome. Critics will be noted and ignored to the best of my knowledge. ;)  ::)

Dune

Great use of that file, Nils! Love it! Btw. the hard line is just the image map border, which can be softened. But I guess you know that.

DocCharly65

Thanks Ulco :)
Yepp... I already thought about smoothing the heightmap - but that idea came after I had finished too much of the other renders. So I didn't want to risk procedural changes within the "hangar"-area.

In this case I am happy because I could bring in your waves animation with your original rock as resting place for a lazy seal :)

I almost forgot:
The Seal is an animated model by Billl90 I found on CGTrader
I subdivided, smoothed it and changed the animation a little bit.
The seagulls are animated versions from 3DRT

WAS

This is really fun to watch come along. Always fun, something cool or funny to see, or just some great use of keying.

Oshyan

I think this looks pretty great! The wave motion is really pretty good considering it's not a dedicated wave function/simulation but some procedural wizardry.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on July 19, 2019, 01:59:26 PM
I think this looks pretty great! The wave motion is really pretty good considering it's not a dedicated wave function/simulation but some procedural wizardry.

- Oshyan

Yeah, in the beginning it almost looks as though the waves are hitting a zenith and falling on themselves to the left of the rock.

DocCharly65

Thanks friends. ---  Ulco I pass the recognition on to you of course! Your waves --- your praise!  :)

In approx. 90-95 hours the big 1000 frames animation render job should be finished. At frame 920 I found another mistake and had to go back to re render from 800 to get the change seamlessly integrated...