All these worlds...

Started by raymoh, February 03, 2019, 03:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrSethez

WOw, i very interesting it, just like a alien-planet landscape. But i must ask you, how can you add the "moon" into the render ? ;D

raymoh

An Europa-like ice-moon orbiting a Neptune-like gas giant in a young solar system with a distant type A main sequence host star.
The gravitational pull of the gas giant breaks the thick ice crust of the moon, forming huge cliffs.
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

sboerner

Wow, beautiful. One of your best efforts yet. If only Chesley Bonestell could see this.

Dune

raymoh

Thank you! "I'll do my best..." :)
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

DocCharly65

Oh, this is a very nice one!
Convincing look of the described environment :)

raymoh

A habitable Earth-like planet rises, seen from one of its two moons.

sboerner

Yes, another good one. Would you consider adding a faint patchwork of lights (cities or other large artificial structures) to the dark side of the habitable world? (Or perhaps it isn't that advanced yet.)

raymoh

I thought about adding technical structures in some of my renders, but I decided against it. At the moment I want to show rather "virgin" worlds, without influence of humans (or intelligent beings in general). Maybe later on.

sboerner

Understood. Keep up the great work.

DocCharly65

raymoh

In these worldwide corona-crisis times, one has time at home to deal with Terragen:
I've been playing around with big displacements and this is what came out of it:

A large, eroded sandstone mountain range on an habitable moon of a gas giant. Through gaps in the cloud cover you can see the strange vegetation in the valley.

I had to make some corrections with Pixelmator on the final render, since some rendering artifacts were left over because of the "exaggerated" displacements.

raymoh

Reminds me of Tatooine, the desert planet from Star Wars. This one, however, has more water and a luminescent vegetation.