Terragen 2 Release Announcement Discussion

Started by Oshyan, December 12, 2007, 07:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arisdemos

Back @ you PG. For the love of whatever god you are referring to, if you can't see what is missing or between the lines on this forum at least read correctly what is before your eyes in black and white. Any muck I have slung during my communications backstroke to you was concisely targeted toward one fellow barbslinger whom I consider a piece of uncomfortable furniture on this site. I do regret if you or any others have taken my "more money than brains" comment to heart. I am not telling you or anyone else how to run your life or finances, but you automatically stereotype me as feeding with the church mice because I hunger for a little website equity and a maybe a bargain in Planetside's basement.

I do try to watch my manners while in your world of "nice," but remember that with us savages sometime sticking one's tongue out at a stranger could be just a friendly greeting. If you could think outside your buns you might even realize that the source of you irritation in this matter may have spent a little too much time in the grown up mode. We all are sharing the TG2 cup some in gulps and some in sips. I may not have as much time as you, so to you and all concerned don't pinch my straw and I won't muddy the water.

Arisdemos

nikita

If the price was changed, it'd probably go upwards to compensate for the weak dollar. I assume it will affect the inal pricing too.

lightning

i don't have much money at all i spent about $1000 on a new computer and $125 on terragen deep
but you must remember i don't have a family to feed or bills o pay :)

anyway i think if planetside realy want to succeed i think they realy need to look into plugins to intergrate terragen with the big 3 maya max and xsi. I think this would realy appeal to graphic artist well it would for me anyway!
such as an atmosphere plugin like eons ozone
of coarse planetside will have to get the base terragen finished first before they start looking into this

Mohawk20

If you compare IQ value with single dollars, most of us have more money than brains  ??? ;) :P

I registered TG 0.9 back in the old days, and so I got 99 bucks of the TG2 price, so I chose Deep+Animation... I live at home with my parents, and I gradually upgrade my pc's €200,- at a time (which buys me a new mobo and cpu from the lower regeions of the performance ladder).

I think a lot of people have pre-purchased, a lot of which are 3D developers and the like. They just don't show themselves here, because they're to busy working. So I don't think we are Elite or someting, but we are hapy with the advantages.
However, we're not too chep minded to keep it to ourselves! We share all that we find with everyone in this community. That's how we learn, that's how we grow, that's how we help eachother.

Don't go freaking out if you cant afford it, but enjoy what you cán do, and wait for the future possibilities. Or just leave it be, but it makes no sense complaining about something you can't change anyways.
Howgh!

Seth

Quoteanyway i think if planetside realy want to succeed i think they realy need to look into plugins to intergrate terragen with the big 3 maya max and xsi.

that would be great for TG2 !
even if i don't even know how to use those software ;D

QuoteI think a lot of people have pre-purchased, a lot of which are 3D developers and the like. They just don't show themselves here, because they're to busy working. So I don't think we are Elite or someting, but we are hapy with the advantages.

yep !!!
Do anyone know some works real elite user of Terragen that we could look at ?
I really would like to know what a professionnal can do with it...  :-\

PG

Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Muied Lumens

Whereas the price may be a little steep for me as a hobby user who can't even use TG2 properly, I must say that I am extremely tempted to buy it anyway once I can afford it!

Cyber-Angel

Its funny how the price of TG2 is been discussed even though it hasn't been set yet, its also funny how its presumed that it is going to be horrendously expensive when it is released. Yes, granted that the price will be raised some when its released but this is old news that has been stated on these forums many times before, so we've been there done that and seen the motion picture already.

TG2 will either succeed or fail by how interoperable it is with existing pipelines and asset creation software as you would need to import TG2 scene data (Seamlessly) into other 3D tools for use there so you get shadow matching and so on.

Planetside and I will say this for the last time, are a business and not a charitable institution and with that in mind they will charge what they need to when TG2 goes gold to recoup their development investment and also what the market is ready to pay, this will depend greatly on the intended market segment.

If people really have a problem with the way a software company or the industry in general, then please go set up your own or check you self into a psychiatric hospital which ever is the easiest, and leave other people alone its simple as people.

;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel                 

nvseal

Quote from: seth93 on May 28, 2008, 06:25:15 PM
Do anyone know some works real elite user of Terragen that we could look at ?
I really would like to know what a professionnal can do with it...  :-\

I think njen is a proffesional in the industry though I don't think he would call himself an "elite".  ;) He does some fantasic work.

...then, as was mentioned, there is always Luc.   :)

PG

Quote from: nvseal on May 28, 2008, 09:15:43 PM
...then, as was mentioned, there is always Luc.   :)

Who may not be "elite" but is (how shall I put this), a genius on stilts.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

plugsnpixels

This was an interesting post that didn't get much response, but I have to agree about the benefits of the integration of functionality in an application.

I have been using an integrated 2D graphics application called Canvas since about 1996. See here and here for more info.

Unlike the Adobe CS3 suite where you have compatible but separate applications (like linked hotel rooms), Canvas is more like a huge presidential suite. You don't have to leave the page to do image editing, page layout, vector illustration, web design, etc. It's a proven concept that no one else has run with (Adobe, Corel, Stone, etc.), though they borrow features from Canvas.

This type of integration might be too much for 3D and video apps, but maybe not, given the power of modern hardware.

The good news is, Canvas 11 is currently available for Windows only. The bad news is, ACD (makers of the ACDSee line of image browsers) killed off the Mac version (Canvas X) in April and aren't on the ball with active development of Canvas 11. So my point is not to push Canvas per se, but to agree with the benefits of working in an integrated environment--which will really spoil you.

Quote from: Cyber-Angel on May 28, 2008, 12:55:13 AM
I think that more and more you are going to see convergence in software technologies to the degree that you may see software in future that is a complete production suite in one package, this would take you from early preproduction and concept development, through principle photography, post production which would cover FX work , Editing, colour grading and matching and compositing all the way to final print.

If you think about convergence where different technologies are brought together in a single device, this has happened with cell phone technology which allow you to do more then make phone calls these abilities include but are not limited to: Internet Browsing, MP3 Playing and Digital Photography and Video among other things, this could well happen with software so people aren't wasting time opening different software titles so they can get their work done.

Studies have shown that opening having to go between different software is distracting and takes between 25-30 minutes to regain concentration given the mean average time, take this time over an organization  over a quarter as time waisted, and seen form that view point as lost revenue then factor that by what that means across a nation it dose have an affect on GDP.

What would be nice is if you could have every thing you needed to do your job in a single application without having to open multiple applications, with the deleterious effect they have over time on productivity with a great potential for employee down time as a result: a single software title that worked for all sectors and market segments that was modular in design so you get what you want your software to be, and not tools you have no use for as they are specific to certain types of industry only.

This software would have a number of options about how it would brought, these include physical media for retail stores, internet download and hosted (Software as service) these would suit different class of costumer.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel  ;D

Free digital imaging ezine
www.plugsandpixels.com

rcallicotte

Thanks plugsnpixels.  I'm looking into it...Canvas, I mean.   :D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Oshyan

We are currently conducting internal testing on an updated version with the intent of releasing a new Technology Preview or the beta in the near future. The next release will fix the memory leak among many other things.

- Oshyan