Tree stuff

Started by luvsmuzik, December 01, 2016, 09:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Looks beautiful! Agree with the others about the reflection.

luvsmuzik

water modifications, haze is so thick, looks like ice  :)

Fun file to mess with

luvsmuzik

smooth water

Dune

Very good (and dreamy)!

AP

That is some rich and warm lighting. It is rather unique.

luvsmuzik

Thanks Dune and AP!

new setup with 2 new trees

Mr. Lampost's bush pack (3 species) tgo
Generic Coniferous Pine tgo

Dune

Though it may be a very basic start, it lacks a certain composition, if I may say so. I would really think about layout of basic elements to have a pleasant flow of the eye.

luvsmuzik

:) I guess I got a little carried away with my greenery. My state is full of lakes and rivers with several protected game and wildlife habitats. It got to the point that the deer migration was out of hand population wise. They were destroying their homestead, grazing year round in mild winters. This lead to starvation and disease, due to the lack of vegetation. So, hunting restrictions were lifted for a bit, to "thin the herds" so to speak. We are back on a limited hunt now as the forests recovered quickly after a few harsh winters, that forced the herds to move again. There are tree  farms about the state for construction developers etc., but gone are the days of a trip to the woods for the Christmas tree or a sapling, unless you are good buddies with property owners.

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 06, 2018, 08:49:49 AM
:) I guess I got a little carried away with my greenery. My state is full of lakes and rivers with several protected game and wildlife habitats. It got to the point that the deer migration was out of hand population wise. They were destroying their homestead, grazing year round in mild winters. This lead to starvation and disease, due to the lack of vegetation. So, hunting restrictions were lifted for a bit, to "thin the herds" so to speak. We are back on a limited hunt now as the forests recovered quickly after a few harsh winters, that forced the herds to move again. There are tree  farms about the state for construction developers etc., but gone are the days of a trip to the woods for the Christmas tree or a sapling, unless you are good buddies with property owners.

That warm.lighting is really cool. The bush pops still seem a bit generic. Maybe a closer population with a higher contrast distribution mask?

luvsmuzik

Started out to do some moss on the pine bark, then remembered the chronor, mhaze, Ulco file share for moss covered boulders.

https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,18457.msg179345.html#msg179345

Playing at it as usual  :) I will probably rethink the grass I used as moss, I have to work with my resources, At least I planted and masked it!

Blender 2.79 pines me
dry reed tgo
Mr. lampost's lush grass for moss
masonspappy grass from file sharing

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 07, 2018, 07:09:39 PM
Started out to do some moss on the pine bark, then remembered the chronor, mhaze, Ulco file share for moss covered boulders.

https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,18457.msg179345.html#msg179345

Playing at it as usual  :) I will probably rethink the grass I used as moss, I have to work with my resources, At least I planted and masked it!

Blender 2.79 pines me
dry reed tgo
Mr. lampost's lush grass for moss
masonspappy grass from file sharing

Oh wow I remember that share! Been so long I had totally forgot. That looks great, also nice grassy stuffs.

luvsmuzik

Thanks WASasquatch!

wild prairie rose tgo

DocCharly65

The last one is the best! Nice :)

Would you like to improve it a bit? Just have a look at the dimensions of the grass blades and the dry reed. I think especially in the foreground you should use masonspappys' grass in a much smaller size. Further a bit details like some gravel-like look in the foreground where no grass is growing and you get close to perfection :)

luvsmuzik

Quote from: DocCharly65 on August 08, 2018, 02:06:12 AM
The last one is the best! Nice :)

Would you like to improve it a bit? Just have a look at the dimensions of the grass blades and the dry reed. I think especially in the foreground you should use masonspappys' grass in a much smaller size. Further a bit details like some gravel-like look in the foreground where no grass is growing and you get close to perfection :)

You were right DocCharly65.  :)
I did some rescaling and added a fine gravel to the fake stones as well as some larger fake stones. This way my boulders don't look so isolated, but are still a focal point.
I like the shadow play on the vegetation and the sort of "exit drift" by the haze. Of course now what comes to mind is animating haze and sun.......maybe :)  hehehe